Version 0.4.1 is now available and future plans
Following a Vagorian release we took our chance to dive down to tech behind Sipho and upgrade our Unity engine version from 2017.4 to 2018.4. That means we are now able to use year's worth of improvements.
One of new engine features is the new Input system which we are going to use to implement controller support. We will first focus on basic support such as movement direction rebinds for controller. That should reach you in future updates. Then we will start improving experience with hotkey-based controls of our UI. Navigation hotkeys will have to be implemented for menus, growth mode and aquarium spawning. In the end, we would like to have game playable on any kind of input setup.
Content will not be forgotten - there will be more new zooids in the future. We have yet to decide if they will come as a new breed or as breedless zooids. New breed would mean a new area is required as there can only be one Wanderer. Breedless zooids would be added to the drop pool, possibly made available after completing a special challenge. Let us know what you prefer!
As for today's matters, we have improved stability of kill slow-downs which should not result in explosive physics simulation at a cost of loss of precision of real-time time as opposed to game-time. Game-time precision stays deterministic which possibly makes more sense as kill slowdowns is rather eye-candy or juice rather than gameplay-impacting mechanic.
Per one of our user's request we have added size control to Aquarium spawn system which will allow spawn solid objects and decorations in various sizes. For that extra unleashment of creativity!
- Disable many unused built-in packages
- Quick fix for ambient particles to have same behaviour as in 2017.4
- Do not change fixed delta time when changing time scale. This should fix explosive physics instabilities caused by time slowdowns
- Use icon instead of text to control spawned object size
- Fix flower prefab scaling
- Allow changing size of spawned objects in aquarium
- Upgrade to Unity 2018.4 version:
- Touch all prefabs
- Bump project settings
- Enable threaded physics
- Fix Spike error when ignoring dead targets
- New project settings files
- Update package manager manifest
- Image effect API update
- Bump project version
- Remove privacy plugin - it's now handled through Analytics package
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.