Hello, fellow parasite designers!
We are very excited to see rising interest in Sipho. From feedback at Demo Day to let's players discovering Sipho we have seen recorded videos, read comments and quickly rolled up a new release to tackle some of the problems.
Watching other people play is really blood-pumping. Hoping that no game-breaking bugs have slipped through and that we explained concepts well enough so no irritation of player occurs is very exciting. All this visual feedback and seeing how players interact with the game for the first time is eye opening. A game creator knows its game from inside-out and sometimes this knowledge is assumed for players too, leaving the game to have hard-to-understand concepts unexplained for newcomers. Thank you for spending your time trying out Sipho!
By demand, we have also included Linux and OS X development releases. Linux version works well only in windowed mode. Please let us know if they have any unmentioned issues!
- Reduce food dropped by other Siphos to prolong time spent in levels
- Add food containers which have a chance to drop food on destruction
- Make poison lethal and limit how many Zooids it can penetrate. Already poisoned Zooids do not consume poison and let it through
- Added a simple destructible food container
- Bring some splashing back for the thirsty ones
- Fix Slowmotion FX on different gameplays. Remember, static events have to be unsubscribed!
- All you had to do, was to disable god damn play on awake, CJ
- Decrease food container hp to 3
- Make food container outline green, indicating food
- Make flak projectile slower, but inherit positive zooid velocity
- Base level whirlpools no longer spawn inside rocks and level 1 objects no longer spawn in big rocks
- Made death screen use rectangles instead of the old UI and changed the text to "Retry"
- Don't show continue game button if there is no game saved
- Bosses no longer flee. Ever.
- Spike background should no longer lag behind
- Can no longer pick zooids to grow with right click
- Reduced poison particle lifetime and removed unused variable
- Nutrition tooltip now has red warning when you're exceeding the cap
- Whirlpool position after boss battle no longer randomly shifted
- Halved food drop from heads
- Food containers spawn in small clumps
- Increase gaps between growth zooid selection groups
- Fix wrong damage debuff naming. Limit poison penetration. Nerf poison damage. Increase mine poison range
- Give extra nutrition for bone level mobs
- Delete whirlpool spawner from freeroam
- Expand tutorial to include destructable food droppers and ungrowing
- Clamp Zooid shader alpha between 1 and 0 to fix shading artifacts
- Bump WebGL memory size to 512
- Don't show whirlpool teleport UI when there are no whirlpools
- Projectiles kill fast food
- Move enter whirlpool button up, so it doesn't stay on top of energy bar
- Add level end indication
- Make use of new alien spike background
- Add confirm breed selection sound