Version 0.5.2 is here!
Greetings Siphonophore overlords!
While working on controller support we have fixed several issues and made some improvements to the game - both performance and visual. Each fix is listed in the changelog of Version 0.5.2 below!
Controller support development is going well. We have implemented a system control which parts of UI can be navigated-to using direction keys - either on controller or keyboard. This has been a major part of work as we, before starting on seriously working on non-mouse controls, have made some parts of assume existence of mouse.
- Fix extra zooid selection throwing errors when navigated with input keys while there are no extra zooids
- Report when poolable is destroyed because due to not having an original
- Fix Spike Zooid background not being pooled properly
- Fix nutrition icon in Aquarium enemy spawn menu
- Add flashes to powerup pickup effects and fix their colors
- Properly re-select UI elements. Fixes Aquarium elements not being highlit when re-entering Aquarium mode
- Fix Aquarium sounds being paused in Aquarium
- Add sanity check for Greaser Renderer Cloner erroring out
- Handle loading more defined inputs than we know about
- Cache postprocessing values which otherwise allocate GC memory
- Improve performance in Aquarium - prevent UI from rebuilding itself each frame
- Do not recreate all Zooid buttons on every structure change
- Unparent zooid connectors when zooids are about to be destroyed. This prevents connectors from being destroyed
- Set icon of enemy size Aquarium option
- Fix camera jumping around when switching between Growth and Aquarium modes
- Do not update lost zooid ghosts while not in growth mode
- Only create/remove changed zooid overlays instead of all and on every structure change
- Only mutate enemy inventories if the queen has been defeated
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.